Call for fair, just and compassionate immigration policies
On Pentecost Sunday in 2013, Mennonite Church USA asked congregations to participate in a witness of Prayer and Faxing in support of an immigration reform bill. Congregations can still use these resources and set aside a time after church to gather together to write and fax letters to the U.S. Congress or the White House on immigration issues.
Plan a time of Prayer and Faxing at your church:
During fellowship time,
- Along with a potluck or finger food refreshments, or
- After watching an immigration documentary
- Publicize in your congregation and community
- Secure the use of a fax machine
- Read and discuss the Prayer and Faxing talking points (PDF updated 5/13/2013)
- Draft a letter
- Research the contact information for your representatives
- Share the event with friends on Facebook and Twitter
- Visit the MCC Washington Office Facebook page and share your photos. Make sure to include a caption of your location and congregation!
- Worship resources
- I Was a Stranger and You Welcomed Me by Ken Nafziger
- Prayer for Peace(also available in Spanish)
- Additional worship resources
- Consider Organizing a town hall meeting on immigration
- If your congregation is not participating but you are interested in doing something, organize an event in your home.