ILRC (Immigrant Legal Resource Center) Know-your-rights “Red Cards”
- Sign-On Letter on Immigration Raids and Other Enforcement Actions Against Central Americans (June 2016)
- CARA Project: Update on Recent ICE Enforcement Actions Targeting Central American Families
- MPI: Trends in Unaccompanied Child and Family Migration from Central America
- The US Has Its Own Refugee Crisis – One We Created, and Now We Must Solve
- Understanding the Central American Refugee Crisis: Why They are Fleeing and How U.S. Policies are Failing to Deter Them
- Children and Family Apprehension Drop in January, Still High For Fiscal Year
- CARA: 33 Mothers and Children Protected from Immediate Deportation
- U.N. to Help U.S. Screen Central American Migrants
- CBP’s Southwest Border Statistics: FY 2016 and FY 2017
Additional resources compiled by the Interfaith Immigration Coalition:
Here are several ways faith communities can respond:
Rapid Response to Raids Opening the Doors of our Congregations- LINK to Resource
We are calling on congregations to open their doors and allow families who may have a deportation order and who may be a target to these ICE raids. Congregations can act as temporary safe havens, spaces of refuge and shelters until there is word that the raids have passed, this could be a night, a week or several weeks. (Note: This is temporary refuge different than taking a Sanctuary Case that generally lasts until they can win their case).
Know Your Rights
If you are tied to immigrant led congregations, it is imperative to educate all immigrant communities on know your rights resources. The most important information is DON’T OPEN THE DOOR to Immigration Customs Enforcement or anyone else if they do not have a warrant signed by a judge.
- ACLU: Information in English and in Spanish
- AFSC- Know Your Rights- Conozca Sus Derechos
- United We DREAM Know Your Rights (Spanish)
- Guide to sharing your story of rights abuses, raids and deportation
- Report When A Raid Is Happening:
TEXT ALERTS WATCH ICE: 877877
Prepare to join the Sanctuary Movement – Link to Updated Toolkit
This resurgence of the Sanctuary Movement has created a platform to raise up the moral witness of people of faith, while at the same time lifting up the prophetic stories of immigrant leaders who are brave enough to speak out against the injustice of deportation.