Today is World Refugee Day. The world is currently facing the worst refugee crisis since World War II. Here are some practical actions you can take to help alleviate the crisis:
- Urge President Obama to stop deporting families! Let him know that many Anabaptists and other Christians are opposed to the deportations of Central American families who have come to the United States seeking asylum and fleeing violence and persecution in their home countries.
- Video — Watch and share this video to prompt your thinking about refugees.
- Bulletin insert — Download and share “7 ways to support refugees in your community and around the world.”
- Worship resources and prayers — This resource was developed with Canadian churches in mind, but the worship resources can easily be adapted for U.S. settings.
- Refugees Welcome — Check out the Refugees Welcome Toolkit for practical ideas being used nationally. MCC U.S. is part of this initiative.
- Sign up for action alerts about immigrants and refugees from our office! If you are already on our list, encourage your friends and family to sign up too.